Welcome to the 2017 Distinguished Chief Information Officer Awards. In 2016, we pushed the National Diversity Council to strongly promote our vital mission in the technology industry. Through this award, my hope is to specifically recognize the achievements of a diverse range of information officers who are making great strides innovating in their space. The Chief Information Officer has become the point-person for innovation and the forerunner for change inside today’s organizations, inexorably linked to this information generation of rapid progress. And as the role of technology has shifted, so too has the role of the CIO.
‘Big Data’ is the watchword, with the volume and importance of information constantly rising. Today’s CIO must be equipped to leverage that information towards a greater strategy of organizational growth and success. The National Diversity Council is proud to recognize the executives who are doing just that.
These 2017 Distinguished Chief Information Officers meet the following criteria:
- A top information officer in his or her organization
- Directly contributes to business growth and strategic direction of the organization
- Maintains a record of innovation and accomplishment in areas of expertise
- Effective role model who inspires others and is active in mentoring the next generation of professionals in the industry
- Displays high integrity and ethical behavior
- Demonstrates a commitment to corporate citizenship
We are honored to feature such a powerful group of inspirational leaders reaching new heights of achievement in tech.
Founder and CEO
National Diversity Council